Street Amenity Licence

Licence summary

To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement in England and Wales you require a licence from your local authority. Conditions may be attached and a fee may be payable.

Currently Street Licences in Malvern Hills district are administered by Worcestershire County Council - please telephone the Worcestershire Hub on 01905 765765 (Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9am - 5pm) or email (ask to speak with the Highways team)

Eligibility Criteria

Frontage and walkway consent may have to be obtained first.

Regulation Summary

A summary of the eligibility criteria for this licence

Application Evaluation Process

Public notice of the application must be given detailing the proposal and deadline for representations.
All representations received must be considered.
Any other relevant authorities must be consulted.
Consents must not be unreasonably withheld.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Please contact the County Council HIGHWAYS DEPARTMENT for this information

Apply online

Not applicable - please contact the Highways Department at Worcestershire County Council.

Failed Application Redress

Please contact Worcestershire County Council Highways Department.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact Worcestershire County Council Highways Department.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).

If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice will give you advice.

From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

Anyone suffering nuisance due to noise, smells or similar because of a commercial premises should contact Worcestershire Regulatory Services.