Start your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support claim

To enable your payments to be processed quicker Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support

IT support for those who need it

  • Our Contact Centre’s will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our Centre’s for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.
  • People can also use computers at libraries across South Worcestershire.

One month to complete an application

  • The form includes full instructions on how to make claims as well as a list of the evidence and documents that claimants need to provide.
  • New claimants are advised not to delay submitting their forms as they will have one month to either email their scanned or photographed supporting documents to or drop them into the council offices.

Please do not wait until you have all your evidence before submitting your claim as you may lose out on benefit.

People who rent their homes and who are on a low income can apply for Housing Benefit which is means tested at the point of application. Council Tax Support can cover a percentage of the bills for people of working age and up to 100 per cent for pensioners.