Malvern Hills Lettings, our social lettings agency service

Accessing privately rented accommodation can be difficult, as private rents are high and not affordable for people on lower incomes. Our housing officers have built up a good working relationship with local private landlords and agents, this ensures the needs of all parties are respected and trust is formed.

To manage the rising demand for social housing in the district, we provide a service that enables us to assist people who are in housing need.

Sign up to Malvern Hills Lettings

Sign up to our social lettings agency in order for us to help you find affordable private rented accommodation.

Contact Sarah Cook from our private sector housing team to discuss your requirements on 01386 565114 or email

Landlords - we offer the following:

  • Tenant match service at no charge
  • Assisted letting service is chargeable but includes help with not only matching a tenant to your property and carrying out assisted viewings but ensuring the property is of the right standard. We check that the right processes and paperwork are in place, such as the tenancy agreement, inventory and schedules with photographs. We make sure that any application for housing benefit is fast-tracked and monitored. An exit inspection is also offered, for when a tenancy ends.
  • Managed service is chargeable and includes all of the above along with the day to day management of the tenancy, which involves dealing with any problems which may arise and acting as an intermediary between the landlord and tenant. Quarterly inspections are carried out and feedback is provided to the landlord. This service is proving very popular with landlords who are moving away from the traditional letting agent.

Tenants - we provide the following

  • We provide a free service to prospective tenants that involves council officers working with you to find suitable and affordable privately-rented home options.
  • We will provide assisted viewing where this is required and to advocate on your behalf with the landlord. If you struggle to find the deposit, an application can be made to the rent deposit scheme (operated by the council), which would issue you with an interest-free loan or grant.

Useful information