Malvern Enviro Week 2019
We will be holding our second Malvern Enviro Week from the 14th - 20th October 2019 and there will be plenty for you to get involved in. You can stay in touch with the latest information on the week by registering for environmental updates here.
Poster designs for our Enviro Week by the children at St James' CE Primary School, West Malvern
Greener Living Fair
As well as carrying out a number of community litterpicks and awareness raising throughout the week, we will also be holding our first Greener Living Fair on Saturday 19 October, 1 - 3.30pm at Great Malvern Priory. The fair will be a free information and activity event for our residents and we are looking for eco-friendly organisations and groups to join us to provide our residents with information on making simple and cost effective changes to help our home planet. We have stand space available and a couple of slots remaining for talks and demos. Please contact Claire Vaughan on 01684 862449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Calling all budding photographers
View from the Sugar Loaf by S Lampitt (Winner, 2018)
Residents are being urged to take part in a special photography challenge to celebrate our wonderful environment.
Amateur photographers across the Malverns are being encouraged to share their best photos of the district including anything from the stunning landscapes and rich heritage to wildlife and people enjoying the environment.
Gas lamp by S Parr (Winner, 2018)
The top ten photographs will be framed and exhibited at the Great Malvern Priory for three weeks in November/December, as well as shared on the official council and Visit the Malverns social media pages.
Photographs can be submitted by sharing them to social media and tagging us in on Twitter: @MalvernHills_DC, Instagram: malvernhillsdistrictcouncil and Facebook: @MalvernHillsUK with the hashtag #MalvernEnviroWeek2019. Anyone not on social media can submit them by emailing email@example.com
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Monday 4 November 2019.
Full terms and conditions for the photography competition:
- All submissions must be your own photographs, they must be good quality and include the location and a caption that starts with ‘#MalvernEnviroWeek2019’. You can tag Malvern Hills District Council as many times as you like but if you are emailing your images, entries are limited to five per person and should be sent as jpegs.
- Submissions must allow for Visit the Malverns and Malvern Hills District Council to share photographs freely, including, but not limited to: social media, websites, email newsletters and promotional material.
- By submitting your photograph/s you are confirming that you have the permission of any individuals featured in the photograph, or that of their parent/guardian if under 16 years of age, for their image to be used by Malvern Hills District Council in our media (as listed in above in point 2).
- If you are under 16 years of age, please ask a parent or guardian to make the submission on your behalf, but state that it is your work in their caption or email.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers.
- Images must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- The welfare of wildlife is of greater importance than the photograph itself. Please take care to avoid damage to the environment in the process of your photography.
- If emailing your images, please note that Malvern Hills District Council will not pass your personal details on to any third party; however your details may be retained in accordance with Data Protection law.
Upton bridge by R Probert (Winner, 2018)