Freedom of Information (FOI)

The Freedom of Information Act (2000) provides public access to information held by public bodies.

Who can make a request?

Everyone has the right to request information held by a public authority. You do not need to give a reason for requesting information. In most cases, we will release the information within 20 working days, unless it is ‘exempt’ under one of the exemptions of the Act. We may also charge for some information we provide but will notify you if this is the case. 

Where to find the information

The Council publishes a wide range of information.
Before making a request, please check out our Publication Scheme. This sets out how you can obtain the information and if there is a charge for it.
If your request relates to any of the following services, then please contact Worcestershire County Council at
Adult and Children Social Care
Highways and pavements
Schools and education 
If your request relates to:
  • Business Rates - please check information regularly updated on our business rates page before making a request
  • Public Funerals - please check information regularly updated on our Public Health Funerals page before making a request
  • Licensing - e.g. taxi licences, premises licensing please visit Worcestershire Regulatory Services for Malvern Hills District Council website
If your request relates to regularly updated information, then it may not be provided in line with Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act, as it is information that we hold with the intention of publishing at a future date. 

How to request information

If you still cannot find the information you require, then please contact us by letter or email. 
Your request must include:
Your name
The address or email address to which you wish the information to be sent
An outline of the information you would like. Give as much detail as possible, including dates, otherwise we may need to contact you again for clarification
Please send your request to or write to us:
Freedom of Information
Legal Services
Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House
Avenue Road
WR14 3AF

How do I appeal?

If you are not happy with our response to your request or you have a complaint about the handling of your enquiry, you should write to Meesha Patel, Legal Services Manager at the above address or email
Your complaint will be reviewed internally. If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review of your request, you can appeal to the Information Commissioners Office.
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Telephone 01625 545745
Further details about the Freedom of Information Act can be found on the Information Commissioners website.