The Conservation Department
The Conservation department handles the conservation of both the built and the natural environment.
For information on the built environment have a look at these pages.
Areas of work include:
- Making new Tree Preservation Orders and the processing of applications for work on trees protected by Tree Preservation Orders
- Trees protected through being in a Conservation Area
- Looking at planning applications from the perspective of the natural world in partnership with the Development Control team
- Providing advice to members of the public, developers, elected Members of the council and other council officers with regard to trees and the natural environment within the District
- Representing the District Council within the Worcestershire Biodiversity Partnership
- Acting as a consultee for the Forestry Commission on applications for felling licences
If you cannot find the information you need regarding trees and the natural environment, please contact:
Telephone: 01684 862407.
For queries about the historic built environment please have a look at these pages.