Business Rates in Malvern Hills
The non-domestic rates, or business rates, collected by local councils are the means by which businesses and others who occupy non-domestic property make a contribution towards the cost of local services.
Except in the City of London where special arrangements apply, the rates are pooled by central government and redistributed to local councils according to the number of people living in the area.
This money, together with revenue from council taxpayers, revenue support grant provided by the Government and certain other sums, is used to pay for the services provided by your local council and other local authorities in your area.
Business Rates Revaluation
- The Worcestershire County Council business information pages.
- The Businesslink website.
- Information about Trade Waste.
Local Rating List - A new list came into force on 01 April 2017. The list can be viewed at the:
- Malvern Customer Service Centre, The Library, Graham Road, Malvern
- Tenbury Wells Customer Service Centre, The Library, 24 Teme Street, Tenbury Wells
You can also see the valuation list with a copy of your entry by visiting the Valuation Office website. The Valuation Office, who are part of the Inland Revenue, are responsible for setting the rateable values.
If you have any queries regarding your rateable value you should contact them. Further information on business rates can be found at the Businesslink website.
What are Business Rates?
Roles and responsibilities
What is the Rateable Value?
- Council Tax and Business Rates Direct Debit Form and Leaflet.